Moving to Washington

After establishing residency in WA, you have 30 days to title and register your vehicle.

You will need the following:

  • The Out-of-State title or
  • A fax copy of the title if there is a Lender, which may be sent to our office
  • If you do not have your out-of-state title you must contact the foreign state (out of state) and request a duplicate title
  • You must obtain a Washington Drivers License
  • The odometer reading if 9 years or newer

Additional information

Motor homes, RVs, or trailers, require proof of sales tax paid in the other state. If you don’t have proof of sales tax paid, you will be required to pay use tax.

If there is to be any change of ownership, if a previous owner listed is deceased or needs to be removed for any other reason, please contact our office with your particular situation and we will help determine what additional documents you may need.